Barista Clashers are preparing to battle it out this Saturday, March 23rd at Uniq Glassroom Istanbul in Turkey.
The competition is divided into 5 categories:
1) Wheel Keeps on Turning: testing the baristas on dairy-based drinks.
2) Mystery Box Challenger: “mystery” boxes with ingredients for a signature drink, where baristas have to use speed and creativity.
3) Quarter Final- Take Away: The “coffee shop” experience, judges place their order and baristas make the perfect cup.
4) Semi Final- Silence Cupping: putting the baristas knowledge to the ultimate test.
5) Final- the Pitch: creating a business pitch based on different coffees.
This fun and creative competition will crown the winner, with their very own Linea Mini and a second-place cash prize. With these exciting categories, the audience will have a blast this upcoming Saturday with Dream Sales Machine– event organizer and La Marzocco Turkey– our distributors and event sponsors.
Among the first 80 competitors the finalists are down to 32 baristas, be there to witness the winner of Barista Clash.
Below a list of the 32 competitors:
Ahmet Sait Boğatekin, Anıl Şepçi, Baran Yaşar, Barış Uyguner, Batuhan Asal, Boğaçhan Güneş, Canan Yörük, Cankut Yılmazer, Damla Demir, Enis Küçük, Eren Hatır, Furkan Gül, Gökalp İpek, Gökhan Girgin, Hüseyin Necefloyi, İbrahim Yılmaz, İmge Göklü, Koray Erdoğdu, Melisa Demir, Mert Dinler, Mustafa Aydın, Oğuz Karakaya, Pouya Abbasgholizadeh, Reza Khalilipour, Seda Sarıtaş, Sırma Albayrak, Sinan Özalp, Süleyman Rıfat Yalçın, Şenol Özyılmaz, Tanyel Turna, Tolga İşçi, and Uğur Gözcü.
Champion of Barista Clash: Enis Kucuk
Second up: Eren Hatır
32 Baristas Clashed, 12 hours , 5 categories.
The winner got his key to the cage with Linea Mini and Lux D inside and 10.000 TLira Cash Prize.
The second Finalist got Moccamaster Filter Coffee Machine and Vario Home Grinder and 2500 Tlira Cash Prize.